Oversees the Human Resources function at a community. Handles issues such as recruiting, new hire orientation, benefits administration, payroll and maintains files. This position reports to the Executive Director and may be required to supervise other staff positions.
• Maintains basic knowledge of computer software and internet applications.
• Maintain personnel files.
• Perform Human Resources function by conducting new hire orientation and administering benefits.
• Assists in answering employee questions or concerns.
• Ensures that payroll is accurately prepared and reported to the corporate office at the time designated.
• Process/file workers compensation claims.
• Respect and maintain confidentiality of the office, its records and restricted information.
• Understand roll in the safety and disaster plan.
• Recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
• Oversees performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
• Approves and monitors employee counseling, disciplinary actions, and performance improvement plans
• Suggests training opportunities.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required.
• Participates in the Manager on Duty program.
• Attends various community events.
• Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
• Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
• Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
• Adheres to all policies and procedures of Senior Lifestyle Corporation.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• An Associate’s Degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience