To ensure a quality dining experience by overseeing dining room staff is well trained, knowledgeable about all menus and that all dining room employees are providing a high degree of hospitality and service, in accordance with Senior Lifestyle Corporation standards. This position reports to the Dining Services Director and may be required to supervise other staff positions.
• Supervise daily operation of dining room(s), room service and convenience store.
• Ensures room service orders are delivered timely and properly.
• Ensures smooth and timely opening of the dining room.
• Inspects side work to ensure completion and closes dining room.
• Assists in producing weekly schedules with budgetary guidelines for service staff.
• Ensures an adequate number of service employees each shift and ensures absences are covered as to not allow coverage holes.
• Leads the training of all new dining room employees.
• Assists service staff during mealtime as needed.
• Conducts required training sessions, weekly/monthly/quarterly.
• Oversees resident billing of food service charges.
• Maintains the resident request logbook and forwards these request to the chef and Dining Services Director.
• Is knowledgeable of all menus and descriptions.
• Provides supervision for special functions.
• Nurture daily interaction with residents.
• Assists in employing appropriate loss prevention procedures.
• Assists in hiring, training, disciplining and terminating departmental employees in accordance with Senior Lifestyle Corporation’s Human Resources policy.
• Performs all duties in adherence to Senior Lifestyle Corporation standards.
• Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
• Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward all residents, visitors and co-workers.
• Adheres to all policies and procedures of Senior Lifestyle Corporation.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• SERV-SAFE certified or equivalent
• Obtain/hold any local, state and/or county required food handling/sanitation licenses and/or certificates.