Is responsible for supervision of self-administered medication to Assisted Living residents, following the guidelines provided by Senior Lifestyle Corporation. This position reports to the Assisted Living Director and/or the Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse.
• Responsible for administering medications to residents for the Assisted Living Department in compliance with Federal & State regulations and Senior Lifestyle Corporation guidelines as directed by the LPN/LVN and/or the Assisted Living Director.
• Reports any change in resident’s health and provides proper documentation to the LPN/LVN and/or Assisted Living Director.
• Responds quickly to all emergencies.
• Maintains close communication with all departments and staff members.
• Provides educational meetings for residents and staff as requested by supervisor.
• Understands role in the Safety & Disaster Plan.
• Maintain confidentiality of residents’ and prospective residents’ information.
• Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings.
• Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
• Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, and co-workers.
• Adheres to all policies and procedures of Senior Lifestyle Corporation.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• A High School Diploma or General Education Degree; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.